Date: September 24th – 25th, 2008
Venue: Shanghai Lansheng Hotel
Other editions: Insight Shanghai took place in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
The first edition of the conference and workshop Insight Shanghai 2008, Chinese Design and Consumer Trends took place on September 24th -25th, 2008 in Shanghai with participants from Swarovski, China Telecom, Shanghai Mankiewicz, Volkswagen, Lenovo Mobile, Philips Design, Symrise.
After China entered the World Trade Organization in 2001, the Chinese government announced in 2003 its ambition to build a well-off society by 2020. The challenge for China is now to find to balance between a sustainable economic growth and a harmonious society.
These topics were particularly discussed during the event:
- High-speed change and gigantic proportions
- The growing power of the middle class
- The ‘little emperors,’ the younger generation of Chinese consumers
- The pleasure of consumption
- The Chinese style: from local countrymen to global citizens
- A passion for communication